These are notes from my own study of the timeline of emerging liberation theologies alongside other decolonial projects. It’s a work in progress, helping me to delineate who said what and when, and how the ideas and practice deepened and widened in conversations.
The year 1983.
- Biographical Notes
- Background Information
- Pope John Paul II – “Unity of the Church” (Managua, Nicaragua, March 4, 1983)
- International Observers – “Open Letter regarding the Papal Mass” (March 1983)
- Latinamerica Press – “Central Americans Respond to Papal Visit” (March 24, 1983)
- Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith – “Ten Observations on the Theology of Gustavo Gutierrez” (March 1983)
- Juan Luis Segundo, S.J. – “Two Theologies of Liberation” (Toronto, March 22, 1983)