These are notes from my own study of the timeline of emerging liberation theologies alongside other decolonial projects. It’s a work in progress, helping me to delineate who said what and when, and how the ideas and practice deepened and widened in conversations.
The year 1965.
- Biographical Notes
- Background Information
- Idowu, Bolaji – Towards An Indigenous Church
- Williamson, S. G., Akan Religion and the Christian Faith (Accra, 1965)
- Gaudium et Spes (Pastoral Constitution of the Church in the Modern World), Vatican II
- Camilo Torres organises the “United Front” in Colombia to bring different sections of the population together for social change, 1965.
- Amos Yong is born
- Malcolm X is shot in Manhattan, NYC, on February 21, 1965
- Paul Tillich dies on October 22, 1965